European Values and Identity Studies
Project Title: European Values and Identity Studies (587684-EPP-1-2017-1-UA-EPPJMO-MODULE)
Timing of the Project: 01.09.2017 – 31.08.2020
Project Beneficiary: The National University of Ostroh Academy
Project objective and specific tasks:
- raise awareness of the target audience in the field of European values and identity Studies, of the EU and the EU-Ukraine relations, based on new teaching technologies and visions;
- initiate the active public debate on European values and identity policy at local, regional and national levels;
- involvement of the academic community, civil society, local authorities and the representatives of institutions, interested in the sustainable development of Ukraine, based on European values, that will ensure European standards of living and decent place of Ukraine in the world;
- coordination of partner cooperation in informing the society on European integration of Ukraine between authorities at the regional level, NGOs and other interested institutions.
The project has 4 basic target audiences: students of NUOA; scientists and experts, members of interested institutions; government officials, practitioners from Ukraine and UE countries, NGOs members and Internet users.
- 3 teaching course for Political Studies «East European Studies», Cultural Studies «European Cultural Studies», International Relations «EU Studies» students, who came from different sides of Ukraine;
- book with project results, web site of this project, MOOC “What do we need to know about Europe and its values?”;
- 2 peer-reviewed articles, based on research made in this project;
- 2 international conferences, dedicated to the problem of cultural identity, European values and education, workshop for teachers, roundtable for representatives of public administration, NGO’s activists, students, academic staff, researchers.
- enriching students interest in the topic of European values and identity studies and promotion of idea of a United Europe;
- getting an adequate level of information on the education of young people in a spirit of common European values, promoting partnerships with European youth NGOs, supporting Ukraine’s course toward integration into European structures. Increase of interest and mobility of young researchers in the European Union;
- creating new types of research assignments on MOOC or project web site, that include education and information component, archive materials about research, online platform for the knowledge exchange on the most pressing issues of the EU and European values and identity studies;
- carrying out of research activities on the themes about European Union, European values, and identity;
- learning to form leadership skills, ability to make responsible decisions, and gain experience in organizing information campaigns, spreading knowledge about European values and identity studies. To increase overall intellectual level by finding information, development of new printed and electronic sources in this topic, that relevant for graduates in their professional life.
More information on the project web-site: https://eurovis.oa.edu.ua/