The Summer School on Academic Virtue started at Ostroh Academy
June 27, 2018
The official opening of the Summer School took place at the National University of Ostroh Academy on June 28. Ihor Pasichnyk, Rector of the National University of Ostroh Academy, Professor, and Alla Chernii, Ph.D. in Political Science, Rector of Rivne Regional Institute of Post-Graduate Pedagogical Education, welcomed the participants of the Summer School.
The organizers of the Summer School intend to familiarize the heads and pedagogues of the secondary schools, the heads and academic teaching staff of the higher education institutions with the basics of the academic virtue and establish an enabling environment for the integration of the academic virtue principles into the system of secondary and higher education.
The Summer School will take place at Ostroh Academy from June 26 to June 29. Sessions will be held in the form of lectures, seminars, training courses, discussions, and workshops.
The participants and organizers of the Summer School on Academic Virtue are going to discuss:
- the role of an educational institution (a university and a school) in the establishment and development of the academic virtue;
- the theological and philosophical principles of the virtue in the education sphere;
- the psychological, pedagogical, and ethical principles of the academic virtue;
- the economic virtue as the component of the country’s well-being and prosperity;
- the development of the academic writing skills as a prerequisite for the academic virtue;
- the analysis of the provisions of a Code of Academic Virtue and the practical implementation of the ones;
- the legal and regulatory aspects of the academic virtue and tackling the manifestations of the academic dishonesty;
- the international standards of the academic virtue and the implementation of the ones in the higher education institutions;
"The School will continue for four days of intense education, and its program comprises three main components: the first concerns the issues of the academic virtue (e.g. experience of the establishment of the Code of Academic Virtue); the second is dedicated to the worldview principles of the academic virtue (philosophical, moral, ethical, and religious basics); the third concerns modern trends in education (the competent approach, implementation of the system of education quality, methods of essay writing etc.). We hope that this project, which was initiated by our university and is organized with the support of the Office of Education and Science of Rivne Regional State Administration as well as Rivne Regional Institute of Post-Graduate Pedagogical Education, will be continued in the following years," comments Dmytro Shevchuk, Ph.D. in Philosophy (Dr. hab), Professor, Vice-Rector for Scientific and Pedagogical work of the National University of Ostroh Academy.
Congratulations on the New Year 2019 and Christmas holidays!
December 31, 2019