Day of Europe In Ostroh Academy
May 21, 2009
The Day of Europe is a holiday celebrated in all the countries of the European Union on 9 May. In Milan on 9 May 1985 the decision to approve this day the Day of Europe was taken, it is also considered to be the Day of EU creation. In Ukraine this holiday was officially confirmed in 2003 and is celebrated every third Saturday of May.
The faculty of Romance and Germanic Languages organized a celebration of European Days in OANU to keep up this tradition. The celebration will be held on 26 May. The programme includes:
- the European digest;
- the European fair (during the long break in the Academy park);
- the window to Europe (at 2 p.m. in the assembly hall);
- disco-Eurovision 2009 in OA (at 6 p.m. with the participation of student bands);
The European fair:
- photo-exhibition of the European costumes;
- the contest of erudites;
- body art corner (the act of charity in honour of the International Children’s Day);
- song digest;
- Dolce vita (sweets from Europe).
The contest participants will be rewarded with prizes. Everyone is welcome to celebrate with us!