The student team of Ostroh Academy won the 1st place in the final round of The Global Case Competition – spring 2022
June 15, 2022
The student team of the National University of Ostroh Academy headed by the Dean of the Faculty of Economics dr. Oleksandr Novoseletskyy won the first place in the final round of The Global Case Competition – spring 2022 organized by the NUOA partner university – Nazareth College (Rochester, USA).
Case competition consisted in creation by the university students from all over the world the solutions for the possible issues, which might be faced by the economic subjects and institutions. This competition provided an excellent opportunity for students to sharpen their analytical skills and apply knowledge of management and marketing in an applied aspect for one week.
The team of Ostroh Academy consisted of the following students of Economic Cybernetics: Nataliia Horoshko, Ivanna Lukashchuk, Vasyl Chukhilevych, Bohdan Zakharchuk. Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Economic and Mathematical Modeling and Information Technologies, Dean of the Faculty of Economics Oleksandr Novoseletskyy became the mentor of the team.
The case competition was held in two stages:
- Stage 1. The participating teams were asked to provide their own vision of the proposed case solution and a 10-minute video presentation. At this stage, 6 finalist teams were chosen, including Ostroh Academy.
- Stage 2 – final. The teams presented a 3-page description of the proposed case and a 30-minute video, in which they presented the solution of the proposed issue as creatively as possible.
Ostroh Academy took the 1st place from the following finalists:
- De Salle University – Manila;
- Obafemi Awolowo University;
- Peter Fiber Business School, Australian Catholic University;
- SolBridge International School of Business ;
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
Online-award ceremony took place on June 20. More information about the competition can be found here: https://www2.naz.edu/school-business-leadership/global-case-competition