Master’s Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance in Germany
Deadline: 31 July 2018
Open to: graduates in the field of social sciences, political sciences, law, economics and in public administration from Africa, Latin America, South Asia, Southeast Asia and Central Asia, from countries in the Middle East as well as from Ukraine
Scholarship: monthly rate of currently 850 EUR
This programme is designed to further qualify future leaders in politics, law, economics, and administration according to the principles of good governance and to prepare them in a praxis-oriented course for their professional life.
Very good graduates with a first university degree get the chance to obtain a master’s degree in disciplines that are of special relevance to the social, political and economic development of their home country.
The knowledge and experience acquired in Germany should enable the scholarship holders to later contribute to the establishment of democratically oriented economic and social systems aimed at overcoming social differences. With this programme, DAAD intends to contribute to the support of good governance and civil society structures in selected partner countries and regions.
• The scholarship scheme is open to graduates in the field of social sciences, political sciences, law, economics and in public administration from Africa, Latin America, South Asia, Southeast Asia and Central Asia, from countries in the Middle East as well as from Ukraine;
• The programme is open for very well qualified graduates with a first university degree (bachelor or equivalent) who want to actively contribute to the social and economic development of their home countries. It is offered both for young graduates without professional experience and for mid-career professionals.
• 6- months-German language course from April 2019 to September 2019. The language courses take place at selected institutes in Germany and usually not at the universities of the selected master´s courses. The language course is compulsory also for those who attend a master´s course taught in English;
• The scholarship holders are offered a special tutoring at their host institutions financed by DAAD;
• Furthermore, there is the possibility to attend networking events;
• DAAD pays a monthly scholarship rate of currently 850 EUR;
• The scholarship also includes contributions to health insurance in Germany. In addition, DAAD grants an appropriate travel allowance and a study and research subsidy as well as rent subsidies and/or allowances for spouses and/or children where applicable;
• DAAD scholarship holders within the Helmut-Schmidt-Programme are exempted from tuition fees.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application form.
Other necessary documents are:
• Hand-signed Motivation letter with current date containing a precise description of the applicant’s academic/professional and personal reasons for choosing this scholarship programme and the universities, two pages maximum;
• Hand-signed full curriculum vitae with current date including information about the precise field of study and, if applicable, description of job experience;
• Copies of acquired university degrees (an explanation of the grading system has to be attached);
• Copies of the transcript of records;
• Copy of the school leaving certificate/high school diploma which entitles holders to study at a university in their home country;
• Recent language certificates (German and English);
• Two letters of recommendation by university professors and/or current or former employers of recent date, supplemented by signature, official letterhead, stamp (not in a sealed envelope)
For more information, please visit the official call.