Department of Document Studies and Information Activities
Head: Vitaliy P. Yaremchuk, Doctor of Science in History (doktor habilitowany), Professor
Contact information: 2, Seminarska Street, Ostroh, Rivne Region, 35800, Ukraine
Office hours: Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. till 6 p.m. Lunch time: 1 p.m.– 2 p.m.
Senior Assistant: Natalia V. Marchenko
For general questions please contact the departmental assistant Irina I. Bondarchuk
Office hours: Staromonastyrsky building, Monday through Friday from 8.45 a.m. till 5.45 p.m. Lunch time: 12.30 a.m.– 1.30 p.m.
General information about the Department
The department started its operations as a part of the School of Liberal Arts on November 6, 1998.
In 2005 it became a structural part of the School of Political and Information Management.
It operates under the license (dated as of October 2, 2014, license № AE № 527284);
The Department have BA (baccalaureate) and MA (master’s) programs in “Document studies and Information Activities” (programs’ codes 6.020105; 7.02010501; and 8.02010501).
The Department unites high quality teaching staff, including 8 professors, 13 PhD, 3 assistant professors, 6 senior lecturers, 2 course instructors, and 1 teacher assistant.
Graduates of the department usually are employed in public, private and non-profit organizations, such as:
- state and local government;
- information agencies, consulting firms, think tanks;
- scientific and technical information centers, standardization and certification agencies; patent and marketing departments of companies and academic institutions,
- administrative, human resource, and analytical departments of public and private organizations;
- Mass Media corporations;
- advertising and public relations firms;
- information management departments of financial and banking institutions;
- archival departments of public and private organizations.
Besides studies students of the department have opportunity to develop their research skills participating in the research activities organized in the frameworks of student research groups and scientific clubs, such as:
- “Laboratory for studies of social and informational processes”, supervised by Dr Olena Shershnоva, Ph.D. in Public Administration, Dr Serhiy Shturhetskyy, Ph.D. in Public Administration, and Dr Anton Shynkaruk, Ph.D. in Political Science, Associate Professor.
- “School of Strategic Communications”, chaired by Dr Anna Ohrimenko, Ph.D. in History, Oksana Prasyuk, senior lecturer.
- “Documentation and Information: studying modern communication processes”, chaired by Dr Vitaliy Bondar, Ph.D. in Public Administration
- “Studies of legislative processes in modern democracies”, chaired by Dr Olha Batishcheva, Ph.D. in Public Administration,
- The school of gender parity “Gender and us”, supervisors: Dr Yuliya Maslova, Ph.D. in Philology, Associate Professor.